In this episode I talk about the differences between a CNC router/milling machine and a 3D printer and why you might want one over the other… or perhaps both.
There are a lot of things that each type of machine will do better than the other and there is a lot to consider when you try to decide on which will best suit your needs. To try and help you figure it out, I discuss the following in this episode:
- Should you buy a CNC machine or a 3D Printer?
- What does “CNC” mean?
- What is a CNC router/milling machine?
- What is a 3D printer?
- What are the limitations of each type of machine?
- How to choose material choices and which machine works best for each
- What are the accuracy of each machine type?
- How to determine which machine is best for a specific job
- What is the reliability of each type of machine?
- What is the cost of failure for each type of machine?
- Using these machines for business purposes – which would be better?
- Monoprice Select 3D Printer (pictured above)
- MatterHackers.com 3D printer/filament supplier
- Prusa i3 MK3S Kit 3D Printer (pictured above)
- #3DBenchy 3D Print file (Download from Thingiverse)