In this episode we discuss some basic things to consider and common questions from beginners when looking into getting a CNC. We go over the following:
- What computer/programming skills are required
- What type of computer you will need
- Kits vs Ready-to-Run vs DIY CNC machines
- Spindles vs Routers
- Your desired machine uses
- Long term goals with the machine
- Lead screw vs Belt drive systems
- What level support will the company offer
- Online support
- Buyer Beware – When sales person slams a competitor’s machine
There are a lot of choices in the CNC world and we would be lying if we told you that we did not want you to buy a Stepcraft CNC, but no matter what you decide to buy, we are more concerned about educating people to make the best decision possible for their needs, budget, skill level and long term goals.
LINKS from episode:
Please let us know in the comments any questions or comments.